Tidbits of Interest
In 1824, the first purchase of federal land in what would later become Pittsfield Township was made by Geo. W. Noyes in what is now Township Section 10. Section 10 is located between Platt and Stone School Roads, bordered by Packard Road on the north and Ellsworth Road on the south. Most of this area has now been annexed into the City of Ann Arbor.