Tidbits of Interest
Pewamo is a rural, agricultural town located on the eastern border of Ionia County on M-21. It was started in 1857 as a result of the Detroit & Milwaukee RR building a line through the area. The Rail line was removed in 1995.
It was given its name by J.C. Blanchard, an early settler of the area. He named it after a local Indian chief he hunted with along the Grand River.