Tidbits of Interest
Flint, Michigan is located in Genesee county along the Flint River about 60 miles northwest of Detroit. Its population in 1998 was 131,000 people and it is the fourth largest city in Michigan. As of the 2000 census, the city had a total population of 124,943. The city was founded in 1819 by Jacob Smith, a fur trader, and was incorporated in 1855. Flint has been host to various industries in its history.